laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cry Of The City

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Any Suggestions?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoelCairo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Cry Of The City Reply with quote

"Cry Of The City" is one of the great crime melodramas of the 1940s. Although Fox have released most of their 1940s crime and film noir movies on DVD, "Cry Of The City" is still not available. It is rumoured, but certainly not confirmed, that there is a problem with the rights. Any information from 20th Century Fox would be appreciated. There is considerable interest in this movie.

Partly because of the growing admiration for Claudia Cardinale, there is also wide interest today in "The Hell With Heroes" which Universal released in 1968. The rumour here is that Universal inadvertently let their copyright expire, and that the film is now in the public domain. Even if that is true, it would not prevent Universal from releasing the movie on DVD. As both Claudia Cardinale and Rod Taylor have contributed to the "extras" on other DVDs, it is possible they might be willing to talk about "The Hell With Heroes".
JoelCairo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Region 2 DVD of Cry Of The City will be issued in the next few weeks. As the distributor is BFI, there is a good chance it will be a quality product. I certainly hope so!
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: FOX NOIR & UNIVERSAL Reply with quote

While Fox have certainly issued a goodly number of their film noir titles on DVD, there are still more that could be released ( Night and the City(1950 ) ) for instance ( although Criterion have done a pretty good job on this and "Thieves' Highway). Perhaps more will come but no announcements have been made this year.

I'll mention "The Hell With Heroes" to Universal and see what their reaction will be. Although I can tell you that they seem to be making more of an effort these days on their DVD front. So anything's possible.
JoelCairo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: FOX NOIR & UNIVERSAL Reply with quote

Ken Barnes wrote:

I'll mention "The Hell With Heroes" to Universal and see what their reaction will be. Although I can tell you that they seem to be making more of an effort these days on their DVD front. So anything's possible.

If you can evoke a response from Universal on The Hell With Heroes, I and many others will be very grateful!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Any Suggestions? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: