laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Classic Musical Box Set

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rego

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Classic Musical Box Set Reply with quote

Fox has released this box set of 8 DVD's the title include: Second Fiddle, The Dolly Sisters, On the Avenue, Pin Up Girl, The Gang's All Here, Sun VallySerenade, Orchestra Wives, and Daddy Long Legs.

A Musical Trip Down Memory Lane !

Here for the first time on DVD is a selection of Hollywood Musicals that includes 8 films from the heyday of the Hollywood Musical. With music & lyrics from the pens of composers such as, Irving Berlin, Harry Warren, Johnny Mercer etc. Bands like Glen Miller, Benny Goodman, Rudy Vallee. A Galaxy of Stars of yester year including, Betty Grable, Carmen Miranda, Sonja Henie, Alice Faye, Leslie Caron, Dick Powel, Tyrone Power, Cesar Romero, Fred Astaire. To name but a few.

The wizards at Fox have really worked their magic with this box set, Hollywood Musicals.
Both the picture and soundtrack of these films have been lovingly restored from the best available source material. The result is a pleasure to both the ear and eye.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Fox Musicals Reply with quote

Thanks Rego. I'll have to get a copy of this one.
Rego

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst Warners seem to be the masters when it comes to restoring, and the extras included on their musical box sets. Fox seem to be following closely behind, although I do wish there was more information on the DVD regarding some of the films in this Fox box set of 8 DVD's but at the bargain price of under £30 from Amazon Very Happy I certainly am not complaining.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Fox DVDs Reply with quote

Hi Rego,
I'll mention your comments when I see the PR people next week.
Let's hope they can do something about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Musicals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: