laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Belle of New York

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Astaire and his films
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tor E.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: The Belle of New York Reply with quote

Anyone know when/if this beautiful musical will be released on DVD?

Thanks
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: BELLE OF NEW YORK (1952 ) Reply with quote

This film is not available at present, but I have been given to understand that it will eventually be released by Warner Home Video on DVD, probably as part of a box set in their Classic Musicals series.

As soon as any information is available, it will be posted on this website.

Thanks for getting in touch

Ken Barnes
Dominic McHugh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no news on this?

I finally bought the Classic Musicals from the Dream Factory set when I was in New York last week, and was surprised by how much I enjoyed Three Little Words - not least because the Kalmar and Ruby songs are so great.
Rego

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Belle of New York will be available in July as part of the new WB box set and also as a double disc Royal Wedding/Belle of New York.

here is a link with the details of the set

http://www.tcm.com/movienews/index/?cid=160224
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Rotal Wedding Reply with quote

The audio commentary which Ava and I did for "Toyal Wedding" is contracted to Sandctuary and is not available for outside licensing for another five years.

The new box set looks like being the best vakue for money ( the Lanza's notwithstanding ) because Warners always do such rare and interesting extras.

Move fans have never had it so good. And there's more to come,
Rego

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re[The audio commentary which Ava and I did for "Royal Wedding" is contracted to Sanctuary and is not available for outside licensing for another five years.

Ah that explains why, I thought it odd because as you say Warners always do such a wondeful job with their DVD's both in terms of restoration of the films and the extras provided.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Astaire and his films All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: