laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Back to the old policy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kedwards
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Back to the old policy Reply with quote

Following a request from Ken who has received complaints from people who don't want to register but do want to post, this board has now returned to the previous format where you may read, reply and generate new topics without being registered.

Unfortunately, without requiring registration there is no way to cut down on spam postings.

Karen
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Back to the old policy Reply with quote

Thanks Karen. This is the right way to go and I'm sure that at least eight of our regular visitors will agree.

My reason foir keeping to the old format is that it gives visitors the choice to make up their own minds about becoming users rather than being compelled to do so. Laureate is not a sales organisation, our website is a haven for lovers of classic movies and the Great American Songbook and its best interpreters. Or,if you will, a meeting place where these subjects can be discussed without any obligation. Most people, I find, are not "joiners."

I do realise, Karen, that your prime concern is to protect the sit fromspam and other unwanted elements - but if other non-profit-making websites can make visitors welcome without imposing compulsory measures, I think we should offer the same privileges.

I know this will meet with the approval of Phil Jellicoe, Jim Patterson, Steve Marcus and several others. All of whom join me in thanking you,Karen, for all your help and expertise.

Much appreciated
Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Start Here All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: