laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crosby "10th Anniversary Collection"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tony

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Crosby "10th Anniversary Collection" Reply with quote

I have this collection on tapes, and would love to buy on CD,

can anyone help???

Tony from Wales.

t.howarth@tesco.net
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: BING CROSBY -10th Anniversary Collection Reply with quote

Thanks Tony, for getting in touch. The 10th Anniversary Collection was deleted in 1991. Certain tracks from this collection have since appeared on numerous CDs but it's doubtful that the entire box set will ever be issued again in the same form.

From time to time we do come across copies of the box set. If you'd like us to advise you when it next appears, we'll be glad to advise you.

If you like Bing, you may be interested in the recently released 3-CD set
SWINGIN' WITH BING - His lost radio performances. It's not released here in the UK - but it's available on-line from the USA. Current feedback on this set has been terrific.

Ken Barnes
R2K2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000088LQ/qid=1120658723/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_ur_1/002-4096913-5391208?v=glance&s=music&n=507846
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: 10th Anniversary collection Reply with quote

Thanks R2K2. I was aware of this release. It's the complete set that is no longer extant.
R2K2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a problem Ken. Is there ever a chance that some of the tracks that were left untouched such as 'All The Way', 'Witchcraft', 'Thou Swell' etc could ever receive the same treatment in the future?

This would be another big boost for Bing's profile and a thrill for collectors everywhere.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Bing-Buddy Cole Reply with quote

There is no plan to give further tracks of Bing and the Buddy Cole group the orchestral treat ment as in the 1970s. But I understand that Michael Feinstein is planning to release an album oi duets that Bing did with Rosemary Clooney that have never been released before. So this should be interesting..
J. Harker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: SWINGIN' WITH BING Reply with quote

I have just purchased the fabulous 3-CD set Swingin' with Bing. At first, I was a little hesitant about paying £30 but I'd heard such good things about it, and not having too much Bing in my collection, I decided to give it a whirl. And I'm glad I did. This is an absolutely superb set,beautifully put together, an outstanding 40-page book and truly excellent sound quality. Anyone who doubts the greatness of Bing Crosby should listen to this. The voice, the style, the personality have never been presented to better effect than on this terrific set. Several of my firends agree and they've already ordered their copies. Are there any plans to release another volume of this kind of material ?
R.D.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Swingin' With Bing Reply with quote

I totally agree with J. Harker's comments re. "Swingin' With Bing." This is the great Crosby at his very best. As a Sinatra collector, I must say this is the equal of any Sinatra album in my collection and, in fact, is superior to some of them. It's on performances like this that Crosby's great reputation rests. Sure, it's an expensive set ( £33. rrp ) but it's a set to treasure and worth every penny.
Tony Minter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Bing Crosby-Fred Astaire duet album Reply with quote

Dear Ken Barnes,

As a big admirer of both Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire, I've been looking for a CD of the complete album that they made in London under your supervision. The only CD I can find is a truncated version on the Curb label in the USA.

Is there any chance of the complete album being released on CD ?
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: BING CROSBY & FRED ASTAIRE Reply with quote

Hi Tony,

In reply to your question concerning the complete Crosby-Astaire album, I'm happy to tell you that EMI (UK) will be releasing it in March, 2006.

Apart from the complete contents of the original album, this CD will also comprise some extra solo tracks from both Bing and Fred. The album is tentatively titled "Bing Crosby & Fred Astaire Together"

Best
Ken Barnes
Ron Patmore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Crosby-Astaire Reply with quote

It's good to learn that the Bing Crosby-Fred Astaire album will be reissued next year. Congratulations also on the re-released DVD of "Holiday Inn" which several of my friends have just bought for the first time. Their enthusiasm for your presentation of this much-loved film has been unanimous. So I think you'll find they'll be interested in the forthcoming
CD as well as the soon-to-be released DVD of "Daddy Long Legs."

Keep up the good work, Ken.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Crosby-Astaire Reply with quote

Thanks, Ron.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family

Ken and Anne Barnes
Judy Schmid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Huzzah! Reply with quote

Believe it or not, Ken, a few of my sisters also owned this album in the 70s - not just me, the Crosby fan, but the Astaire 'extra' was something two of my sisters (I've got 5 sisters! LOL!) couldn't resist! I should let them know they should keep their eyes peeled for this treat!

All the best for 2006!
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Bing and Fred Reply with quote

Thanks, Judy.

All the best to you and your sisters for a jolly 2006.

Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Bing Crosby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: