laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

20th Century Fox

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Any Suggestions?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James LM

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: 20th Century Fox Reply with quote

My suggestion is to restart this thread here.
James LM

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIEVES' HIGHWAY (1949)

At least one person mentioned this film. I would also like to see an SE edition of this film released. I think that it would be to the advantage of 20th Century Fox in the UK to relesae this as it would be quite easy for some extra features to be produced here, especially as director Jules Dassin and star Valentine Cortesse live here (well on the continent) if I am not mistaken. An audio commentary from the two of them would seriously enhance a DVD release of the film, as well as increase its commercial value here and elsewhere, and long term. I do not know how Jules Dassin would feel about working for the Hollywood that shunned him (and many others). If he were persuaded to do this he should be paid well, I am sure it would be worth it.

and while they were at it...

NIGHT AND THE CITY (1950)

Jules Dassin made this in the UK for Fox and there are plenty of UK cast and crew who made this film who are still with us. Screenwriter Jo Eisinger, production manager Ronnald Kinnoch, editor Sidney Stone(?) and asst director Georgev Mills could be interviewed. And maybe record an audio commentary with stars Googie Withers and Herbert Lom (maybe Fox could bring Richard Widmark over too). The DVD should have both US and UK versions.

It makes so much more sense for Fox to make SEs of these films here rather than in the US, but would make an ideal package for the US too. These films are pretty great and interesting too.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: 20th Century Fox Reply with quote

Thanks, James. I'll put your suggestions to Fox when I get back in London next week.

Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Any Suggestions? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: