laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

De-lovely (?)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dominic McHugh 3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: De-lovely (?) Reply with quote

The movie musical question of the month is, 'Will the new film biography of Cole Porter be as bad as 'Night and Day'?'.

The latter is, I think, fairly excruciating, but glancing at the cast and singers of 'De-lovely', it seems the latest version may be even worse. However, I don't want to curse it before I've seen it.

Incidentally, The Times is meant to be including the film in its 'Film First' previews next Saturday, whereby you can see the film for free before it is released.

Dominic
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: COLE PORTER biopic Reply with quote

Re. the new Cole Porter story on film, it seems to have had mixed reviews in the USA - but the album has been a best seller. But with artists like Robbie Williams, Elvis Costello and Annie Lennox, I wonder if it's success is due to the songs or the artists. Still, if it promotes the great Porter catalogue that can't be all bad.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Odds and Sods All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: