laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Optimum's Forty Guns and wild river

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew Wickliffe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Optimum's Forty Guns and wild river Reply with quote

I had to talk about another company here . . . but . . .

Optimum just released Forty Guns and Wild River. Has anyone seen them? I know the boxes say fullscreen, but I've seen posts that suggest otherwise . . .

thanks.
James LM

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optimum Releasing have put a few films out recently I guess as part of their Classic Collection but their website has failed to keep up with their activity (what's the bloody point of the website?). Good choices, though they escape me now. Another company to try and persuasde to go dwon the line mof some investment in additional features. I'm going to look at Sendit.com to see the specs.
mgcroadster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forty Guns is defintely anamorphic widescreen.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: FORTY GUNS - OPTIMUM Reply with quote

I think that Optimum is definitely a label to watch. I hear they have just acquired the latest Woody Allen film "Anything Else" ( which is excellent and marks a return to form for Allen ).

However, if - as reported - FORTY GUNS is definitely widescreen anamorphic, how do you explain the customer review on Amazon.co.uk ?

Am I missing something here ? Or are there two DVD versions ?
mgcroadster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says 4:3 on the pack by mistake; looks like someone has simply looked at the pack and not the disc and come up with a 'review'.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: OPTIMUM -FORTY ( not "twenty" ) GUNS Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing this out. If I was CEO of Optimum, I'd make sure that the Amazon review was removed and I'd put a sticker on the DVD jacket to say that it's really in widescreen anamorphic.

"Twenty guns" indeed !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Odds and Sods All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: