laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Many Dreams Ago" from Hitchcock's REAR WINDOW ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christoph Nestel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: "Many Dreams Ago" from Hitchcock's REAR WINDOW ?? Reply with quote

Does anybody know who the singer is we hear in Hitchcock's REAR WINDOW: "Many dreams ago, I dreamt many dreams, waiting for my true love to appear...". Seems to be that her name is given nowhere. Was this possibly a commercial recording issued on disc, too ?

Thanks for your help !

Best, Christoph
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Dreams and voices Reply with quote

Almost certainly, the song you refer to would have been a Frans Waxman tune and the lyric may have been by Ross Bagdasarian ( who plays the songwriter in the opposite apartment ). Bagdasarian was a real songwriter - he wrote "Come On - a -My House" for Rosemary Clooney and was responsible for " The Chipmunk Song" - and those popular "Chipmunk" recordings of the late '50s and early '60s.

I don't who the female singer is - or if it was ever issued on disc. The male voice you hear over the Miss Lonely Heart sequenece is,of course, Bing Crosby - the song "To See You Is To Love You" is by Johnny Burke and Jimmy Van Heusen and is lifted directly from the soundtrack of "Road To Bali."

The other song "Lisa" is, again, probably by Franz Waxman and Bagdasarian but I have no information on the male singer. So here we have another Hitchcock mystery waiting to be solved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Odds and Sods All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: