laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THE BATTLE OF BRITAIN- NEW DVD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Any Suggestions?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Teller

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: THE BATTLE OF BRITAIN- NEW DVD Reply with quote

I've just bought the new 2-disc special edition of THE BATTLE OF BRITAIN.
It's a gem in every way. My thanks to the Laureate website for bringing this to my attention.
J.Radd

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: BATTLE OF BRITAIN-Special Edition Reply with quote

I totally agree with Steve Teller that the new MGM DVD of The Battle of Britain is excellent. I think it's in the same class as Warner's
2-disc DVDs of"Casablanca" and "The Adventures of Robin Hood" and is comparable to the Universal-Laureate edition of "Citizen Kane."

All of these DVDs hit the standard we expect from DVD - but so seldom get. Well done, MGM.
D. Maxwell

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:42 am    Post subject: BATTLE OF BRITAIN Reply with quote

The new Battle of Britain - 2 disc set is a real masterpiece. This British release is vastly superior to the U.S. DVD not only in picture and sound but especially in its wonderful array of extras.

When will DVD companies learn that this is the kind of product that DVD buyers want. The Extras ARE important. Full marks to MGM Europe for this magnificent release.

D.M.
James M

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that silmiliar attention has been paid to the "A Bridge Too Far" DVD. I see the Spartacus DVD on Criterion has had its contents replicated on a region 2 disc putting it on my want list.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Criterion's "Spartacus" Reply with quote

James,

The Criterion "Spartacus" is a phenomenal production. A milestone in DVD presentation which I reckon takes about 16 hours to play in its entirety. Audio commentaries galore covering every aspect of the production and even a film about The Hollywood 10. The Peter Ustinov 1992 interview is a gem ( as are his other contributions to the set ). His anecdotes about the making of the film - replete with marvellous impressions of Charles Laughton and Laurence Olivier are alone worth the price of the two-disc set. I would just say to all movie buffs - buy-buy - buy.
James M

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ken

The UK double disc appears to have all the same features and works out cheaper. I think I will have to wait until I am back in work before I purchase it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Any Suggestions? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: