laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Casablanca

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Bakker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Casablanca Reply with quote

I viewed the new 2 disc 'Special Edition' of 'Casablanca' a few days ago. I feel that Warners should be congratulated for this superb issue.
The new digital transfer of the film is absolutely stunning, almost as good as the Laureate issues!
With a host of special features and extras i can highly recommend this new issue. It's good to see that it's in the DVD charts, although i don't normally take too much notice of charts!
Well done Warner Brothers! Let's have some more please!
Mark Bakker
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Casablanca and the Warner approach to DVD Reply with quote

I can only agree that Warner's 2-disc DVD edition of "Casablanca" is outstanding - as are their similar 2-disc editions of "The Adventures of Robin Hood," "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" and "Yankee Doodle Dandy" . This is an approach that takes full and proper advantage of the DVD medium offering intelligent extras, informed audio commentaries and a real value for money.

But, then, this is Warner Brothers.U.S.A and NOT Universal,London.
The people who put these DVDs together clearly have a love of cinema and can see the wisdom of bringing in expert film historians and true scholars of cinema. These productions are everything that DVD should aspire to. Other companies please take note.

Ken
Mark Fox

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
DVD of Casablanca is superb-with all the extras.
I'll check out the other Bogie DVD,thanks.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Bogart's best Reply with quote

You can't go wrong with Bogie. I heartily recommend Warner's DVDs on "The Big Sleep" ( which offers two different versions), "Treasure of the Sierra Madre" ( with good extras and a nice audio commentary that isn't always accurate - but good nevertheless ), "Dark Passage" ( the least known of the 4 Bogie-Bacall films) and - coming shortly - a de-luxe edition of "The Maltese Falcon" - which features the two previous versions.

All good stuff.
Mark Fox

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks,Ken-I'm on the case!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Odds and Sods All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: