laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bing on DVD
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, here is a place you can buy it in the US, the same place I bought it last year:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006JBJY/ref=ase_dealtime-ce-feed-20/002-8161344-7280819?v=glance&s=electronics

At 70.00 usd, it's 15.00 more than it cost last year, you can also read the extremely varied reviews there at the Amazon site. It also said, "in stock soon, get in line" when I bought it and it only took a week to arrive. Hope it helps.
Ryan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
L. Nevins

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Bing on DVD Reply with quote

I think a multi-region player is a good idea. No serious collector should be restricted by international barriers. Films should be as universally collectable as CDs.

The new Universal/Laureate edition of the Roads is far superior to the region 1 version. The same goes for the region 2 "Holiday Inn" which is a fantastic production by Ken Barnes. But,of course, one would not want to be without the Bing double features that appeared last year on region 1.

On the subject of double features, wouldn't it be a great idea to pair the 1936 and 1956 versions of "Anything Goes" ?

Larry Nevins.
Judy Schmid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Cyberhome Reply with quote

Hiya, Sue! I bought mine thru Amazon.com and it cost around $70 plus shipping!

judy
Cool
Sue Horn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Thanks for all the help! Reply with quote

Great to see that some of you have gotten this player already. I'll let you know when I get it how it does for me.

Sue
Sue Horn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Checking performance of Region Free Player from Amazon Reply with quote

Hi all:

Any updates ont he performance of the Region-Free player from Amazon? Judy, has yours had any trouble? Some of the feedback on the Amazon site gives one pause... A 9- or 10-month life cycle would not be good for my pocket!!

Any info is greatly appreciated.
Ryan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you mine still works fine! It's quite more than a year old too, I got it around the time Holiday Inn, Second Chorus and Royal Wedding by Laureate came out, so I could watch. I've only used it for watching PAL discs like those mentioned. And it was also the best way to watch Bringing up Baby, Holiday, and The African Queen on DVD if you like Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JoelCairo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: White Christmas Reply with quote

I've just bought the DVD of White Christmas from HMV in their sale for the grand total of £3.99 delivered to my front door!

This is an excellent DVD with good picture quality, even better sound and an interview with Rosemary Clooney. Rosemary Clooney also provides a commentary.

This DVD is one that all Bing Crosby fans should have in their collection.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Bing's "White Christmas" and other things Reply with quote

Hi Joel Cairo,

Yes, "White Christmas" is a fine DVD and one that, I'm sure, all Crosby collectors have. If you like this, you may want to invest in "Holiday Inn" Special Edition which was the original source for the song "White Christmas" This has quite a lot of extras which you may find interesting and made the U.S. Top 30 last Christmas.

Also, coming out soon on Warner Rhino, is a new soundtrack CD of
"High Society" ( which is also a very good DVD ). And,in January, there is an intriguing new book entitled "Bing Crosby-Going My Way" which is derived from Hofstra University 2002 seminar "Bing Crosby and American Culture." This explores Crosby's talent,life and times in the widest possible way from a variety of writers, musicians and learned musicologists and is a damn good read.

Best
Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Bing Crosby All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: