laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Format Message Board

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken & Anne Barnes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: New Format Message Board Reply with quote

Announcing our new format Message Board - happily spam free at last.

It was designed by Laureate's moderator, Karen Edwards and we think she's done a great job. This makes it easy to search the Message Board for past subjects, messages and individual forums.

We'll be interested to get your views on this new format. So please let's hear from you.
Ryan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, this looks like a very good job by Ms. Edwards. I especially like the fact that it has a room specifically devoted to Fred Astaire, and that he's placed at the top of the index, seems like a proper place. The old site was a bit hard on my computer, I don't have the most cooperative connection, and the ads popping up sometimes overwhelmed my viewing. It was all worth it, of course, for the quality of the messages, but I much prefer it this way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kedwards
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: New Forum Reply with quote

Thanks Ken for your kind words, but I can't take any credit for the design and style of this new message board. It's running on phpBB which is a very popular (and free!) program, and it's thanks to that we have all the functionality.

I can, however, take credit or complaints for moving the old messages over!

And just a small plug - this board is running on http:anotherserver.co.uk which is my own small-business hosting service. So if anyone is looking for reliable, affordable hosting for their small business..... Wink

Regards,

Karen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Start Here All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: