laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Frank Capra

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Any Suggestions?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G. Baynton

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Frank Capra Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Barnes,

I would like to congratulate you on your outstanding DVD of Frank Capra's "Meet John Doe." The presentation is wonderful and your audio commentary is one of the best I've ever heard.

Do you have plans to do more of Capra's films ? I certainly hope so. I think his 1959 film "A Hole In The Head" is a much underrated film. This would be worth doing if only for the fact that it is one of Frank Sinatra's best films. How about it ?

Geoffrey Baynton
c.t.dreyer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, more Capra please. Very Happy

I think lots of the before IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT stuff is public domain.
And these films deserve the Laureate treatment definitely.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Early Capra Reply with quote

Thanks for the request. I agree that it would be nice to see some of the earlier Capra. The problem - public domain or not - is getting hold of serviceable prints. And even then there is the question of restoration.

However, if the chance arises and the economics are feasible, I will certainly give it my best shot.

KB.
Mark Fox

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
A HOLE IN THE HEAD is available already on DVD.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: A Hole In The Head Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing this out, Mark. It may not be a classic, but it's a very good film and, as the only film that Sinatra made with Capra, it's worth a place in any collection.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Any Suggestions? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: