laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Top Hat?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew Wickliffe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Top Hat? Reply with quote

Which version is it?
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: TOP HAT Reply with quote

Hi Andrew,

TOP HAT, as featured in the FRED AND GINGER COLLECTION is, to all intents and purposes, complete.

The original 1935 cut was listed as 101 mins( at 24 frames per second). This was later edited to 99 mins. There are also some prints that run for 93 mins.

The version we have used runs for 99 mins 7 secs. It is the best print that we were able to find ( and we went through some pretty awful versions ). However, we did encounter some torn frames and, because they caused an ugly jump in the picture and were beyond repair, we removed them. This causes a picture loss of about 2 secs. Outside of this, you'll find the picture grading, scratch removal
and restoration of the highest standard achievable.

While none of the critics spotted this momentary, a couple of our sharp-eyed regular visitors did mention it here on the website.( I could tell you their names but I think I'll leave it to you to look them up ) But even so they gave it the thumbs up.

You may buy with confidence.

Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Boxed Sets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: