laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boxed sets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Any Suggestions?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Celia Hall

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Boxed sets Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Barnes,

As a regular DVD buyer - especially the Laureate productions, I speak on behalf of my family covering three generations of film fans. Is there any chance of your releasing boxed sets of the following artists:-

Doris Day - Bing Crosby - Frank Sinatra - Deanna Durbin

We are,of course, looking forward to next month's releases.
Keep up the good work

Celia Hall ( Mrs )
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Plans for the future Reply with quote

Dear Mrs. Hall,

I'm grateful for your continued interest in our activities. With the DVD market constantly expanding, there are discussions going on right now re. the possibility of a Doris Day boxed set for next year as well as a 50th Anniversary Special Edition of "Young At Heart."

Bing Crosby is already well represented in Universal's DVD programme - first with "Holiday Inn" ( which I know you bought and enjoyed ) and now with the release of the "Roads"
collection - which I'm sure you'll enjoy. I think that should hold you for a while.

Frank Sinatra is not as well documented in Universal's catalogue as Bing but I'm hoping to interest Universal's marketing department in doing Frank's wonderful - and rarely shown -1952 film "Meet Danny Wilson"
along with his early RKO films "Higher and Higher" and "Step Lively"

Deann Durbin ? Well, I understand that a Deanna Durbin collection is already planned by a company who licensed some titles from Universal. I can't think of the company right now - and since I'm packing to go on holiday tomorrow, I don't have time to investigate for you. Sorry about this - but I'm sure it will be appearing on the internet before too long. If this set takes off, I'd like to see if we could get releases on "Can't Help Singing" (Deanna's only film in Techncolur ) and "Lady On A Train" (her final film ). Neither of these are included among the six films in the boxed set. Of course, this will depend on how well that set is received.

Thanks so much,Mrs. Hall, for the support from you and your family.

Warmest regards
Ken Barnes and all at Laureate
Celia Hall

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Deanna Durbin Reply with quote

Dear Mark Fisk,

Thank you for the information. I'll certainly be ordering this box set. Too bad it doesn't include "Can't Help Singing" - which I think was Deanna's only film in colour.
I recall that it had such a lovely score by Jerome Kern.

Incredibly,it's never seen on TV.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Any Suggestions? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: