laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The DVD collector

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Any Suggestions?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ray Sykes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: The DVD collector Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Barnes,

Judging from the wide range of DVDs that you've produced it's obvious to a longtime film buff like myself that you know what you're talking about. I've been collecting classic films on VHS for almost 20 years and only converted three months ago to DVD. Now, thanks to the splendid job you've done so far, I want to replace as many as possible with special editions. I'm looking forward to the Bing Crosby-Bob Hope Road collection and the Fred and Ginger set.

I was wondering - if you had the time - why don't you write a book for the DVD collector outlining the best - and even the worst - releases for the serious movie buff to pobder over ? I'd certainly buy it
Jim Patterson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Top 10 DVDs Reply with quote

Ken,

I agree with Ray Sykes that a book aimed at the serious DVD Collector is now well overdue and you would certainly be the man to write it. Just as a matter of interest what would be your own personal Top 10 DVDs?

I know that;s a tough one and you'll probably need time to think about it.
Dominic McHugh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Top 10 Reply with quote

How about 10 Laureate releases?!!! They are easily amongst the best!!
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: The Top 10 Reply with quote

Thanks Dominic for the vote of confidence. I think it would be immodest of me to vote for the Laureate DVD presentations - as grateful as I am for the enthusiasm
shown by your good self and others - but I'd need some time to lay out what I consider to be my own favourite top 10 DVDs. I'm off to Los Angeles this week for some business meetings then Anne and I are taking a much-needed holiday in Hawaii. While I'm relaxing under a palm tree gazing out at the blue Pacific, I'll give some thought to my own top 10 DVDs and I'll place the list on this Message Board when I get back in November.

By then I'll probably have some catching up to do with the messages as well as doing some PR work and media interviews
to promote the new boxed sets.

Keep well and happy viewing

Ken
Dominic McHugh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: The Top 10 Reply with quote

May I wish you a happy holiday! The quality of your presentations really does show the amount of effort put in, so I think your rest is well-earned! I look forward to a re-energised Mr Barnes creating more DVD releases in the coming months!

Best wishes to you and your wife!

Dominic
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Aloha Reply with quote

Hi Dominic,

Anne and I thank you for your kind thoughts. We're looking forward to Hawaii wjhere we can take it easy for a while before getting back to the business of making DVDs. The new batch will be just about hitting the market when we get back. In the meantime, the office is still in operation and the Message Board is always open even if I don't handle the answers.

Your continuing support is very much appreciated

Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Any Suggestions? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: