laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Frank Capra

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Any Suggestions?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L.Dennison

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Frank Capra Reply with quote

Dear Ken Barnes,

Your DVD presentation of "Meet John Doe" is one of the most satisfying DVDs I have ever seen. It's a pleasure to add it to my collection alongside "It's A Wonderful Life." Is there any chance of your doing similar presentations on other Frank Capra classics?

L.D.
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Capra films on DVD Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Dennison,

Thanks you for your kind remarks on our DVD of MEET JOHN DOE. I would love to do more Frank Capra films on DVD but,apart from special edition DVDs on It's a Wonderful Life
(excellent), It Happened One Night (.O.K)Mr. Deeds Goes To Town( so-so)Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (O.K,)- all of which have contributions from Frank Capra,Jr - there is only Lost Horizon that has a really good presentation.

As far as I know, "You Can't Take It With You"has not had a worthwhile coverage - although it is on DVD. All of the above except for "Wonderful" are part of the Columbia Classics series and while I'm working with a number of different studios both here and in the USA, Columbia is not one of them. I think the two Paramount films with Crosby
"Riding High" (1950) and"Here Comes the Groom"(1951)would make interesting DVDs - although I think the latter rather overrated. Of the two latter day films "A Hole In The Head"
(1959) and "A Pocketful of Miracles"(1961), I think the former is decidedly the better of the two. But I'm not sure that either cries out for a Special Edition. Such decisions,however, would be up to the companies that own them.

Generally, though, I think Mr. Capra is fairly well represented on DVD. But there's still room for more.

Thank you
Ken Barnes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Any Suggestions? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: