laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bing Crosby

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Any Suggestions?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Patmore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Bing Crosby Reply with quote

Dear Ken Barnes,
Having bought four Laureate DVDs in the last few months,
I hadn't realised until recently that you are the same Ken Barnes who produced those excellent Bing Crosby albums of the mid-1970s.

Now, I see that you've just produced a DVD of that wonderful Crosby musical "Holiday Inn." Does this mean that we'll be seeing more Bing films on DVD. I certainly hope so. For a start, I'd love to see "High Society" on DVD - as well as a collection of the "Road" films - especially the rarely seen "Road To Rio" (1947) which is probably the best of them all.

Bing has such a good track record in films, I'm surprised we don't see more of his work on DVD. Still, with "White Christmas" now available and "Holiday Inn" coming in December maybe things are changing.

Good luck to you and your staff.

Regards
Don Patmore
Jim Patterson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: More Bing Crosby Reply with quote

I fully agree with Don Patmore in his request for more Bing Crosby on DVD.I think he echoes the feelings of many people who would buy DVD players if only there were more film like "White Christmas" - which I bought and,of course, I'm looking forward eagerly to "Holiday Inn" ( which is an even better movie ).

Next year marks the centenary of Bing's birth ( Bob Hope's too) - so how about a boxed set of the "Roads" - given the Laureate-Barnes treatment ? This would be a real winner.

Carry on the good work

J.P.
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:21 am    Post subject: Bing Crosby Reply with quote

In response to Don Patmore and Jim Patterson - not to mention literally dozens of requests for Bing Crosby - I would like nothing better than to dip into the classic films of the Old Groaner.

If "Holiday Inn" is the success we expect it to be, next year will be Bing's centenary and we're hoping to do something to mark that event.

Incidentally, as producer of Bing's United Artists albums of the 1970s, I have been invited to New York in November to attend a massive three-day conference at Hofstra University dedicated to Bing Crosby and his effect on America Culture.

Having known and worked with this man, I'd have no hesitation in naming him the greatest popular singer of them all. He was a true artist and a nice person.

I'll see what I can do.

Ken Barnes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Any Suggestions? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: