laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Charade - Cary Grant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Cary Grant and his films
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P.Renwick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Charade - Cary Grant Reply with quote

Having recently bought your DVD of "Charade" which I and my friends thoroughly enjoyed, is there any chance of your doing a similar presentation of Cary Grant in "His Girl Friday?"

P. Renwick ( Miss)
Tony Gage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: His Girl Friday Reply with quote

I totally agree with Miss P. Renwisk. If Possible, please let's have a Laureate Presentation of His Girl Friday - Cary Grant's greatest comedy performance.

Tony Gage
Eric Bailey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: His Girl Friday Reply with quote

I'd like nothing better than a Laureate edition of the great Howard Hawks classic "His Girl Friday" - Cary Grant's funniest film - but there are already two DVD versions available in the U.K. - both rather disappointing. Is it worth it for Laureate to give it the deluxe treatment ?

I do hope so.

Eric Bailey
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: His Girl Friday-Laureate-wise Reply with quote

To Miss P.Renwick,Tony Gage and Eric Bailey,

I fully agree that "His Girl Friday" is a brilliant film and it certainly shows Cary Grant at his funniest and best.
Would I like to do a Special Laureate Edition of it ?
You bet I would. Unfortunately, as Eric points out, there are two other versions on the market - neither of whichg show the film to its best advantage. This would make it difficult to justify the expense of a third release even if it was a special edition. The cost would be prohibitive.

Maybe some time in the future but not now.

I hope you understand.

Thanks
Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Cary Grant and his films All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: