laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The (later) films of Albert Lewin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Any Suggestions?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James L M

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: The (later) films of Albert Lewin Reply with quote

A vanilla copy of Pandora and the Flying Dutchman is available I know but there is little else. Picture of Dorian Gray. Affairs of Bel Ami and The Moon and the Sixpence. If Powell and Pressburger's films are popular today then I do not see how Lewin's films could fail to gain some interest. I would love to see some of his rarer works, Saaida and the Living Idol I have never seen and would love to see these films released on DVD.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Albert Lewin Reply with quote

My thanks to James L.M. ( who is introducing some interesting topics to the Laureate website ). Lewin - early or late - is an interesting filmaker.

In my opinion,"Pandora and the Flying Dutchman" is a near-miss of a movie and I'm not too enamoured of "The Affairs of Bel Ami." But "The Picture of Dorian Gray" is a true masterpiece. While it's not totally faithful
to the Oscar Wilde story, it stands tall as a brilliant piece of picture-making. George Sanders is at his best and Hurd Hatfield was wonderfully bland as the ageless hero. This, I agree, SHOULD be on DVD.

Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Any Suggestions? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: