laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meet John Doe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D. Quillan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Meet John Doe Reply with quote

Dear Ken Barnes,
I recently purchased your Laureate Edition of Frank Capra's MEET JOHN DOE after reading several reviews - all of which praised it as a DVD presentation. I never expected it to be this good. The movie, the audio commentary (including comments from the director himself ), the extras are all magnificent. In fact, I would say this disc sets a new standard in DVD presentation.

Congratulations and please let's have more DVDs of this standard.

Douglas Qillan.
KEN BARNES

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Meet John Doe Reply with quote

Dear Douglas Quillan,

Your kind remarks re. Meet John Doe are greatly appreciated by our entire team. I've always felt that this was one of Capra's most entertaining movies and the performances by the stars and supporting cast represent a text book example of screen acting at its best.

It was for these reasons that we decided to put so much effort into making this a special DVD. I'm glad you approve.

Thanks for your support.
Regards
Ken Barnes
Lee Barnard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Meet John Doe Reply with quote

Totally agree great presentation and film.
Any idea Ken when we can expect to see the next batch of releases?

Regards,

Lee Barnard
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Meet John Doe - upcoming releases Reply with quote

Dear Lee,
Thanks for your support for MJD. At this present time, we are working on a new series of DVDs for our Sanctuary called Sanctuary Special Editions, the first two are
THE BOUNTY starring Mel Gibson & Anthony Hopkins - director Roger Donaldson ( who can be heard speaking on the audio commentary )and Stephen King's THE DEAD ZONE starring Christopher Walken and Martin Sheen - director David Cronenberg. Both are produced from beautiful new prints and presented anamorphically in Dolby Digital 5.1 sound - with fully detailed illustrated booklets.

These will be available late February/early March. Beyond this, there will be a Laureate Special Edition of Otto Preminger's THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN ARM starring Frank Sinatra. This will be supplemented by an exclusively-produced documentary on famous Academy Award winning composer, Elmer Bernstein.

We will be updating the News section of this website shortly. So please check in from time to time.

Cheers
Ken B.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Praise All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: