laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bing Crosby

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick Richardson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Bing Crosby Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Barnes,

Having bought "Holiday Inn" and the "Road" collection, can you recommend any other worthwhile DVDs of Bing ?
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Bing Crosby films Reply with quote

Dear Nick Richardson,

Yes, there are quite a few good Crosby films on DVD. Firstly the ones that recommended by Chris Daniels on the Bing forum ( and endorsed by Mark Fisk )- available only in the USA on Region 1 Then there is "White Christmas "(1954) and "High Society"(1956) - both of which carry some pretty good extras and are both available here in the UK. Also - again on Region 1 (USA only ) - there is "Pennies From Heaven."

All of the remaining "Road" pictures are available internationally -in varying degrees of watchable quality. "Road To Bali" and "Road To Rio" are best obtained from Brentwood Video in the USA. And the last of the series "The Road To Hong Kong" can be obtained only from the USA.

I think that covers Bing's film output at present. But I'm sure there'll be more released in due course.

You can.of course, obtain various TV performances on different assorted DVDs but they fall outside the province of this website.

Ken
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Bing Crosby Reply with quote

The list of Bing Crosby available on DVD. Are they all available in region 2?

J. Burdon
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Bing Crosby Reply with quote

In answer to e-mail from K. Burdon that wound up on my list, the titles that are NOT region 2 are

Pennies From Heaven
Rhythm On The Range/Rhythm on the River
A Connecticut Yankee.The Emperor Waltz
Going My Way/Holiday Inn
Birth of the Blues/Blue Skies
The Road To Hong Kong
Robin and the 7 Hoods

All others, I believe, are available in Region 2

Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Bing Crosby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: