laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

classic dvds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Any Suggestions?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doreen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: classic dvds Reply with quote

Ken, Congratulations, Hope your venture is a success. I am a lover of the classic films. At this point is it possible to send me a list of forthcoming titles, in particular, Joan Crawford, Alice Faye, Fred Astaire and Bette Davis. Also any Hollywood Musicals, Dramas etc. 1930 onwards.
Regards Doreen Jones
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Classics on DVD Reply with quote

Dear Doreen,

Thanks for contacting us. There numerous classic films on DVD of the mopst of the stars you refer to. But, for some reason, most of these seem to be in the USA. The UK companies seem to be operated by people who have little or no interest in classic stars like Joan Crawford and Alice Faye. Although I'm fairly confident that this will change in the fullness of time.

I recently wrote to Carlton to see if they would be interested in doing a Special DVD edition of Miss Crawford's 1952 thriller "Sudden Fear." I didn't even get a reply.

However, in the USA, there is an excellent DVD of "Mildred Pearce" that I can recommend wholeheartedly. It has some good extras including a full-length documentary on Miss Crawford's life and career.

Do keep in touch with us. News is breaking all the time.

Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Any Suggestions? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: