laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Criterion collection

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack Clowes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Criterion collection Reply with quote

On your message board someone complained that you have issued DVDs already issued on Region 1. I can only say that not only do your DVDs have excellent special features particularly the commentaries ( I own 50% of your output -CHARADE, ROYAL WEDDING and MEET JOHN DOE )but your prices are much more competitive being less than half the cost of their American counterparts. On this subject what are the chances of you getting THE LADY EVE and SULLIVAN'S TRAVELS? Keep up the excellent work. I shall always be grateful for the albums you did with Fred Astaire, Bing Crosby and Johnny Mercer in the '70s.

Best regards
Jack CLOWES
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Criterion collection Reply with quote

Dear Jack,
Thanks for your kind words regarding our DVDs. Plans are afoot for more product in the near future.In fact, we are
broadening out in serval directions. Apart from the Laureate Collection, we are also producing titles for a new series devised by our distributors - called Sanctuary Special Editions, news of which will be announced soon.

We are also talking with major film companies about foing further Laureate editions. I'm a great enthusiast for the Preston Sturges movies " Sullivan's Travels" and " The Lady Eve " - but I think Criterion have covered them definitively. We don't set out to copy Criterion deliberately. When I produced CHARADE for DVD, I was unaware that Criterion were also doing it. I'm so glad that our version not only stands comparison but also covers more ground as far as extras are concerned.

At present, we are preparing more info. for the website so please check in from time to time to find out what's happening. News of these developments will probably not appear on the website until after Christmas - around mid-to-late January - but I'm sure you'll be pleased with some of the forthcoming product.

Once again, many thanks for your interest

Kindest regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Praise All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: