laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DVD Extras

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Seiler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: DVD Extras Reply with quote

After buying the ROAD TO box set and the FRED & GINGER, I felt that Laureate had done their usual exemplary job. But when I got the MARX BROTHERS, I was somewhat surprised not to say disappointed to find no extras whatever. The quality of the pictures was first class - the best I've ever seen. Especially "Animal Crackers." But then I noticed that nowhere in the set was Laureate mentioned.

If Ken Barnes had nothing to do with this set why is it mentioned on the Laureate website ?
Oliver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: subtitles Reply with quote

Excuse me to ask but I canĀ“t find any reliable information on the net. Does the Marx Brothers set have any other languages than English? Or at least does it have English subtitles or no subtitles at all? Thanks.

Oliver
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Subtitles and languages - The Marx Brothers Reply with quote

To Mark and Oliver,

You must think me inattentive re. the Marx Brothers, Sorry for giving out wrong info. The plain fact is that we have not yet received our own copies from Universal - the priority being the trade and the customers.

I won't be answering any more questions on the Marx Brothers until I get to look at them in detail.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Ken
Shawn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: road to Reply with quote

I have every road to movie, including the newly released road to hong kong. What if any would be the advantage of buying the raod to set mentioned here?
Paul Seiler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Road to quality Reply with quote

Just to reassure Shawn, having bought the new Road To collection, I can wholeheartedly recommend it. The quality of sound and picture far exceeds any previous versions on VHS, Laser or DVD. As a video technician myself, I know what I'm talking about. Also the extras, while not wildly extensive, do contain an absorbing mini-history of the series and the whole package has been lovingly assembled.
You can buy this one with confidence.
Shawn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Road to quality Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice.

Shawn
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: ROAD To - Box set Reply with quote

Dear Shawn,

You are obviously a devotee of the "Road" pictures and have collected them all in one form or another. Yous ask what would be the advantage of purchasing this new set. Well, in the first place, the quality of mastering. All four - Singapore,Zanzibar,Morocco and Utopia - have been re-mastered using the most advanced technology in Europe ( bar none. In the second place, each disc contains a diligently researched history of the "Road" series that is far more accurate than any of the books written about this series.
Much of which came from my own conversations with the three stars - Crosby, Hope and Lamour - and composer, Jimmy Van Heusen. Thirdly - and this is probably the most trivial of reasons ( but nevertheless an attractive one ), each disc contains superbly designed and easy-to-use Moving Menus and Animated Chapters. You'll find all of this a vast improvement on the U.S. DVD box set ( which many fans have complained about ). In short, if you want a definitive
compendium of these first four "Road" films, this is the one to have. ( Even if I do say so myself ).

I'll make a deal with you,Shawn. If you don't like it, send it back and I'll re-fund your money.

Sincerely
Ken Barnes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Boxed Sets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: