laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Famous directors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Any Suggestions?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
V. Mallon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Famous directors Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Barnes,

It's been more than a year since I last left a note on the Laureate Message Board, although I've visited the website regularly almost every week. I've been noting with interest the trend towards boxed sets and it's a pleasure to note that you are now working with Universal - one of the finest film catalogues in the business. When I met you at your lecture in May at Gonzaga University in Washington, you may recall that we spoke about a series of DVDs devoted to the great film directors. You agreed that this was a good idea. With all the recent talk about a boxed set devoted to Cecil B. De Mille, how about similar sets on great directors like Preston Sturges, Billy Wilder, Anthony Mann and Douglas Sirk - all of whom have works to be found under the Universal umbrella ?

Regards
Vincent Mallon ( age 23 )
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Let's hear it for the directors Reply with quote

Good to hear from you again,Vincent. I thoroughly agree that a series devoted to the great film directors is a
super idea. The general feeling may be that this is more of a niche market. Although, in the case of Cecil B. De Mille, Billy Wilder and Preston Sturges, I think we'd be on pretty safe ground commercially.

Anthony Mann could form part of a James Stewart boxed set
based on the classic Westerns they made together - and that would certainly be a winner.

If you can bear with me until we get this current set of releases out of the way, I'll try to deal further with this idea.

Gratefully
Ken Barnes
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: George Stevens Reply with quote

Dear Mark,

This will be my absolute last message before I board the plane tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the suggestion of George Stevens - one of Hollywood's great directors. Come to think of it, he also directed "Swing Time" with Fred and Ginger. This idea of a great directors package may be well worth pursuing. I'll see what I can do when I get back.

Cheers
Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Any Suggestions? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: