laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Wayne - Cary Grant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Any Suggestions?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K. Perry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: John Wayne - Cary Grant Reply with quote

I've been noting with interest the forthcoming plans for DVD boxed sets. With the 25th anniversary of John Wayne's death it would be nice to see some of his rarer films on DVD. I refer to titles like Dark Command and In Old Oklahoma. And Flying Tigers would make a good addition to a DVD boxed set.

As for Cary Grant, would it be possible for Ken Barnes to give us one of his excellent Special Editions of Gunga Din?
This is one of the great adventure classics and I'm sure Mr. Barnes would bring his well-known gifts as a producer and commentator to such a film with great effect.

How about it ?

Keith Perry
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: John Wayne - Cary Grant Reply with quote

Dear Keith Perry,

Thanks for your suggestions on John Wayne and Cary Grant.

In planning the John Wayne sets, I have certainly included "Dark Command" and "In Old Oklahama" (which will probably appear under its 1950 re-issue title "War of The Wildcats" ) "Flying Tigers" is also on the list and I hope to confirm all of this shortly in the News section.

As for "Gunga Din" - you seem to have gathered some enthusiastic support from two of Laureate's regular film buffs - Jim Patterson and Mark Fisk. ( SEE my response to them )

Ken
Jim Patterson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Gunga Din Reply with quote

I'd like to second Keith Perry's request for a special edition of "Gunga Din."

Jim Patterson
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Gunga Din Reply with quote

To Jim and Mark,

I agree that "Gunga Din" is as Leonard Maltin's Movie & Video Guide describes it " THE Hollywood acyion-adventure yarn." I've discussed this film many times over the years with many film people - including Douglas Fairbanks,Jnr.

In my own Movie Database, I have all of the production details and behind the scenes stories associated with it.
It would make a most interesting DVD - especially if we could get hold of the on-set and location colour footage
that was shot by director George Stevens.

I'll put it to Universal.

Thanks for the thought.

Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Any Suggestions? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: