laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Frank Sinatra in High Definition!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Sinatra and his films
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoelCairo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Frank Sinatra in High Definition! Reply with quote

Warners have announced that Ocean's Eleven will be released on Blu-ray in October as a 50th Anniversary package.

If, as I very much hope, the picture quality is good, I will definitely buy this Blu-ray disc.

I'm not sure if this is already well-known, but Warners' Blu-ray discs are Region free so it will be safe to buy this disc from an American on-line retailer.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Frank Sinatra in High Definition Reply with quote

Thanks, Mr. Cairo. Good to hear from you. Naturally, we'll make a point of featuring the Blu-Ray "Ocean's 11" when it's released.

Incidentally, I was in Los Angeles back in 2002 when Frank, Jr. recorded the audio commentary for both the "Ocean's 11" and "Robin and the 7 Hoods" DVDs.
Theis commentary will be retained for the Blu-Ray edition and,hopefully, it will be followed by a Blu-Ray edition of "Robin" at some future point.

Give my regards to Caspar Gutman.

K.B.
JoelCairo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: PAL JOEY Reply with quote

Pal Joey will be released on Blu-ray in The United States by Twilight Time. Unfortunately this means it will be very expensive, around $35.00. On the other hand, the picture quality will probably be superb if previous Twilight Time Blu-ray discs are anything to go by.

I have pre-ordered Pal Joey. I will report back when I have watched the BRD.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: PAL JOEY on Blu-Ray Reply with quote

Hi Joel,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. "Pal Joey" has always been one of Sinatra's best pictures. I bought it last year as part of Columbia's "Kim Novak Collection" - which was a digitally-restored picture. It looked excellent and I just wonder how much better it could be on Blu-Ray.

I look forward to getting your feedback.

Best
Ken B.
JoelCairo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has just occurred to me that I have not posted my views about this BRD. I do apologise for this delay.

I have good news. This Blu-ray disc is superb with excellent picture and audio quality. There is also as an "extra" a music only soundtrack which enables us to hear all the music cues without any speech or sound effects interfering. For example, during the credit title sequence the sound of the train locomotive is removed.

This Blu-ray disc is Zone Free so it will play on U.K. Blu-ray players without problem. It is available on-line only from Screen Archives. The only bad news is that this disc is expensive - as are all Twilight Time discs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Sinatra and his films All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: