laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Screen Legends

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rego

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Screen Legends Reply with quote

Currently HMV are offering the Bing Crosby Screen Legends box set @ £12.99
This includes: Going My Way, Pennies From Heavan, Holiday Inn, and The Road To Zanzibar

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=285;5;-1;-1&sku=511025
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: bing crosby Reply with quote

That sounds like a good bargain.
Rego

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I'm sure most people on here will have the DVD titles in this box set. It does have the fantastic Laureate production of Holiday Inn, that includes all the wonderful features provided by Ava & Ken . This is the only one of the DVD's in this set that comes with any real extra's included.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Screen legends Reply with quote

Hi Rego,

Thanks for your kind words. "Daddy Long Legs" has been the most successful of those musicals. I think Fox may be coming around to the idea that "extras" are an important factor in the success of DVDs. Their current Tyrone Power box set (NTSC ) is loaded with wonderful extras plus a booklet and lobby cards for each of the five films in the set. That puts them one up on Warners. So maybe there's hope yet for some interesting things in the future.

Kind regards
Ken
Rego

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from people such as myself that love these films, and can remeber many of them when they were first shown. l know the historical insights and extras are so important to an up and coming generation. I do not have the answers to many of the questions asked by my great nieces and nephews, but thanks to the insights provided by your good self and Ava They have been able to get some factual information from those that have personal knowlege of perhaps one of the greatest dancers that ever lived. As Gene Kelly said in "Thats Dancing" It is only from watching the artistry of the greats such as Fred Astaire that the new generation of dancers can learn real style. A teacher can teach the steps but it is only by watching these artists perfom that the magic that is performance is learnt. If some of the background to the films these great artists made can be passed on by those that really new them, it is a legacy not only to the memory of the artists, but an inspiration to an up and comming generation of dancers. actors, and artists.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Sceeen legends Reply with quote

How very true. Thank God for the DVD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Bing Crosby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: