laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Citizen Kane & RKO 281

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Got a Technical Question about Laureate's DVDs?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keith Allan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Citizen Kane & RKO 281 Reply with quote

The HBO film 'RKO 281 - the Battle for Citizen Kane' was a very informative film and a good accompaniment to CK - no wonder the US R1 of the disc has it included. It also appears to be for sale separately in the US, but not here - why not? Can Laureate help?

Keith Allan
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: RKO 281 Reply with quote

Dear Keith,

I'm a little puzzled by your e-mail of today. Am I right in assuming you are talking of the dramatisation of RKO 281 produced by Ridley and Tony Scott ? When we were working last year on Universal's DVD Special Edition of "Citizen Kane," we had considered adding this film as one of the Special Features but decided instead to produce our own documentary "Anatomy of a Classic" with Barry Norman.

Warner's R1 version had used the excellent 2-hour documentary "The Battle Over Citizen Kane"( which has nothing to do with "RKO 281.") which had more to do with the aftermath of the film than the making of the film itself. Again, we decided to produce "Anatomy" in order to highlight the film's greatness and to explode some of the myths surrounding it.

If your question refers to the feature film "RKO 281," why it hasn't been issued here on DVD, I don't know. I can only tell you that we do not have the rights.

Sorry I can't be of any further help. But thanks for getting in touch.

Good luck

Ken Barnes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Got a Technical Question about Laureate's DVDs? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: