laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ROBIN AND THE SEVEN HOODS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Sinatra and his films
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Fox

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: ROBIN AND THE SEVEN HOODS Reply with quote

Very Happy
Recently,a friend brought me ROBIN AND THE SEVEN HOODS back from a USA trip. Lots of extras including footage of the making.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Robin's 7 Reply with quote

Yes, this is a lot of fun and easily the best of the Rat Pack movies. For some odd reason, it has never been released in the UK. Go figure !
Neil

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This wonderful film was recently issued in a three DVD box set with 4 For Texas and Oceans 11. Not sure if it was just a HMV exclusive however but in most cases the exclusives turn up as general releases a little later anyway. Shame that Seargent's 3 wasn't also included.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: The Rat Pack movies Reply with quote

Thanks Neil for bringing this to our attention. I'm sure that "Sergeants Three " will eventually see a DVD release, though it may be some way off right now.
Mark Fox

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't find the 3DVD set listed at www.hmv.co.uk,Neil?
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: RAT PACK TRIPLE Reply with quote

Hi Mark,

I suspect that this triple pack of "Ocean's 11, Robin & the 7 Hoods and $ For Texas" is an HMV special obtainable only from HMV stores. They did similar box sets on the MGM "Tarzan" films and Errol Flynn ( the latter was a big seller in the States but Warners decided to do it here as an HMV limited edition. So I'm sure that's what's happened in this case.

Ken
Mark Fox

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Fisk wrote:
Here it is:

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1&sku=434795

But why do they keep releasing sets as HMV exclusives? Couldn't they sell more by letting any shop get them? HMV are sometimes expensive, but this set is very cheap!

Thanks,Mark-I didn't doubt you,just couldn't locate it .
Pity I have the other two with extras that don't seem to be in this set,however I may buy just for the FOUR FOR TEXAS,which I don't have.
Nevertheless at their price,for THREE Sinatra films on DVD,HMV are selling a bargain!
Regards,
Mark
Neil

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Four For Texas is the weak link in the box actually. It's a pan and scan version which looked exactly the same as my old NTSC copy and no extras. Robin and Oceans look the better.

My set was marked down from full price to £17.99 following which I got a further 10% student discount! A bargain.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Robin and the 7 Hoods Reply with quote

Thanks, Neil. One question about the box set. Does "Robin & the 7 Hoods" carry any extras ? I ask this because the U.S. NTSC version has some worthwile extras including a very good audio commentary from Frank Sinatra,Jr.
Neil

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Ken, there is the Sinatra Jr commentary and a behind the scenes documenatry called 'Look What They Did To Robin Hood'.

There's also a couple of trailers for The James Dean Collection!!!
Mark Fox

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil wrote:
Yes Ken, there is the Sinatra Jr commentary and a behind the scenes documenatry called 'Look What They Did To Robin Hood'.

There's also a couple of trailers for The James Dean Collection!!!

This is now being advertised on http://www.play.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Sinatra and his films All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: