laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a suitable restoration candidate?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Any Suggestions?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STUART PATERSON

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: a suitable restoration candidate? Reply with quote

Hello,

Having recently been to a website and seeing that the film MORNING GLORY is not availible in America or Europe on dvd or video, I fear that it may be lost (i am unsure). If it is availble i feel that it would be a perfect restoration candidate as it has historical value (ie the first oscar win for Katharine Hepburn). And meets the critera listed on your Meet John Doe inlay list. Also a romeo & juliet scene was cut (according to Ms Hepburn in her autobiography)
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Katherine Hepburn & Morning Glory Reply with quote

Thanks to Stuart Patterson and Mike Horrocks, I agree that we should have some of the early Katherine Hepburn on DVD.

Talks are in progress and I hope to make an announcement soon.

Thanks for getting in touch

Ken Barnes
Mike Horrocks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Katherine Hepburn Reply with quote

Basically,I agree with Stuart Patterson - but I'd much rather see Katherine Hepburn with Cary Grant in "Bringing Up Baby" and almost anhything she did with Spencer Tracy
(preferably "Woman Of The Years," "Adam's Rib" and "Pat and Mike.") Any chance of these making it onto DVD ?

M.H.
Stuart Paterson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Bette Davis dvd's Reply with quote

Hi,

Having read the responce to the Katharine Hepburn question,
I now have a similar question regarding Bette Davis' older films. Has any of her 21 films pre 'OF HUMAN BONDAGE' ever been released? If so I think it was time the world seen some of the lesser known films such as 'Bad Sister' (her first also starring H. Bogart) or 'The Rich Are Always with us' which she talks highly about in her book.
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Early Bette Davis Reply with quote

Dear Stuart Paterson,

The early Bette Davis films of which you speak were,if memory serves, done for Warner's First National Pictures.
I don't think any of them have been seen on video ever.
"Three on a Match," from the same early '30s period was issued on laser in the USA but very little else.

I think it would be a good idea to write to Warner Brothers
who hold the rights to these movies.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Ken
stuart paterson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: they were for universal Reply with quote

they were for universal, or at least bad sister was
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Bette Davis-Universal Reply with quote

Stuart,

You're absolutely right. I'll look into it when I get back
from the USA.

Thanks
Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Any Suggestions? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: