laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Royal wedding picture quality

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Got a Technical Question about Laureate's DVDs?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Royal wedding picture quality Reply with quote

dear ken barnes

It's great that you restore classic movies on DVD. thank you for doing it.

I watched the royal wedding DVD. It's a lot of fun to listen to you and fred astaire's daughter, she has a great voice and gives a lot of interesting inside information.

before I watched it I read about the restoration and was deeply disappointed about the bad picture quality. I must say, even a VHS tape looks better. Is that all that is left of this great picture?

monika lau asks about a ”shadow” in fast movements, and it looks to me like an interpolated picture, in still frames you see some pictures twice.

But I'm looking forwards to the next releases in the laureate collection.

greetings from switzerland

tom kees
KEN BARNES

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Royal Wedding picture quality Reply with quote

Dear Tom Kees,
Firstly, thanks for your message of 1st June - and my apologies for not responding sooner. But our production work has had to take precedence over the website.

I'm glad that you liked the audio commentary with Ava. As for the picture quality, it was from a very old print. But the work we did on it was a vast improvement on what we started with. We decided in view of Ava's participation that it was worth doing. Happily, we've had some very good reviews on this film ( SEE REVIEWS )and the general response has been favourable. Interestingly, the other Fred Astaire film in our collection SECOND CHORUS is ten years older than ROYAL WEDDING yet, in this instance, we found ourselves with an almost flawless print. And, here again, we were fortunate to have Ava's participation on the supplementary audio track.

We'll be announcing three new titles soon and these are in fine condition and loaded with extra features.

Once again, Tom, thanks for your support.

Regards
Ken Barnes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Got a Technical Question about Laureate's DVDs? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: