laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Bing DVD set with 5 (count 'em) 5 titles!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: New Bing DVD set with 5 (count 'em) 5 titles!!! Reply with quote

Excellent news from DVD Times:

Universal Studios Home Video have announced a Region 1 DVD release of Screen Legend Collections for Bing Crosby and also for Cary Grant and Rock Hudson. Arriving on 14th November 2006 priced at $29.98 SRP each these sets bring together five films from the careers of their respective actors spread across three discs (2xDVD9, 1xDVD5).

The Bing Crosby: Screen Legend Collection includes

Waikiki Wedding,
Double or Nothing,
East Side of Heaven,
If I Had My Way and
Here Come the Waves.

All are presented in 1.33:1 Full Frame with English DD2.0 Mono and English SDH and French subtitles.
Extras are TBC but unlikely to stretch beyond trailers.

Apart from Here Come The Waves which I have got on NTSC VHS, the other titles will be firsts for me. I remember watching East Side and Ifi Had My Way years ago on BBC2.

Good things to come then and hopefully more to follow.

Dixie anybody?!!! Smile
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Bing's new DVDs Reply with quote

Thanks for this info, Neil. Yes, it's a good time for Bingsters. Although I somehow doubt that we'll see "Dixie" because of the black face routines which are considered politically incorrect these days. Silly I know, but there have been some screenings on TV of "Holiday Inn" where the number "Abraham" has been cut for transmission. Fortunately, it's retained on our Special Edition DVD which, I understand, may be released in the USA before the end of this year.

Actually, I think there are now more Crosby films on DVD than Sinatra movies. This may be remedied when Warner Brothers finally get around to doing a long-awated Sinatra box set.

The Bing film I'd like to see on DVD is "Welcome Stranger" Let's hope the trend continues.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Bing Crosby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: