laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Royal Wedding DVD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Got a Technical Question about Laureate's DVDs?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monika Lau

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Royal Wedding DVD Reply with quote

Hello,
I have just received the DVD Royal Wedding and put it in.
But I got a little dizzy while watching because when the
people on the screen move a little faster there is a
kind of shadow running after them. It is a little difficult to explain. This is uncomfortable especially when dancing
scenes are shown. Can I fix this with my computer or do
I have to send the DVD back to Amazon, where I bought it?

Appreciate your quick response.

Regards Monika Lau,
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Royal Wedding DVD picture quality Reply with quote

Hello Monika,
Thank you for getting in touch and my apologies for not replying sooner. I have just returned from the USA where we have made some deals for more films.

Now, to ROYAL WEDDING. I wish we could have found a better print of this film. It seems that even the negative no longer exists. What we worked from came from two different sources and we tried to preserve the best of each. If you are playing back on DVD-ROM, you may not get the best results. It looks far better on a dedicated DVD player.

I can only apologise if the standard on this film is not as high as our other releases. But we received so many requests for it - and with Ava Astaire's involvement - we decided to release it. You will find the quality on our second Astaire release - SECOND CHORUS - much better. It was produced from a high quality fine grain print.

I hope, however, that you will continue to enjoy ROYAL WEDDING for the many delights it offers and that you can overlook the odd blemish.
Our future releases will be produced from much better sources.

Regards

Ken Barnes

To: Ken Barnes
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 7:09 AM
Subject: Re: royal wedding

Dear Ken,
Thanks for the response! I had someone play Royal Wedding on a DVD-Player and (I didn´t see it) she said it was so far ok. So now, since I don´t have a real player yet, I have also bought the video cassette. I keep the DVD anyway as a "treasure" in my files!
Bye bye!
Monika
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Got a Technical Question about Laureate's DVDs? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: