laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Holiday Inn DVD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Got a Technical Question about Laureate's DVDs?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Bakker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Holiday Inn DVD Reply with quote

Dear Ken,

Thank you for the information regarding the proposed re-release of 'Seasons' next year. I hope that this project comes to fruition.
As promised i purchased a copy of the 'Holiday Inn' DVD a few days before Christmas. Actually, i had noticed a copy in my local woolworths in weston-super-mare the week before. I decided to finish my shopping and then return to purchase it. Unfortunately during the 1/2 hour before returning somebody else had purchased it! Fortunately Woolworths had a replacement copy within a few days. Good to see it selling so fast!
I was very impressed with the quality of the film on DVD; it is quite stunning! Absolutely suberb quality of picture and sound.
One thing that interests me that i'm sure you can answer; when restoring films of this age for issue on DVD what source material is used? Do the original negatives of 60 year old films exist? Or is it a case of using the best available print material to re-master for DVD?
To be honest i am often put off buying these older classic films on DVD due to poor source material being used. It's good to have a labour of love for a change. The asking price of £19.95 is well worth the investment for such a high quality production! Well done Ken, keep it up!
Would be good to see the 9 Astaire/Rogers RKO films in the same format and the Crosby/Hope 'Road Films'.
Happy New Year to you and your family.
Mark Bakker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Got a Technical Question about Laureate's DVDs? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: