laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some Fine Old Chestnuts/New Tricks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wayne Nowland

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Some Fine Old Chestnuts/New Tricks Reply with quote

I believe this CD "Twofer" is out of print. Does anyone know a source who might have a copy to sell?

Many thanks...

Wayne
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Some Fine Old Chestnuts Reply with quote

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Yes, we can supply a copy of the 2-on-1 CD which features all of Bing Crosby's commercial recordings with the Buddy Cole Trio.

Because this is a very rare and much sought-after CD, the charge is £15
plus postage of £1.50 payable by cheque made out to The Laureate Company

The address is

The Laureate Company
Cresthaven House
31 Clarence Road (North)
Benfleet
Essex SS7 1HT
U.K.

Regards
Ken Barnes
John Henri

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Some Fine Old Chestnuts/New Tricks Reply with quote

Ken, this is one of my most played Crosby CDs (and I've acquired quite a few). I would like to thank you for making this compilation available. It was tough to find, but worth the effort.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Bing's recordings Reply with quote

Thanks, John for your supportive comments. I must say I'm pleased at the continuing success of Bing's recordings. He always had a huge fanbase but these days it seems to be getting bigger with the passing years.

I am currently wriiting liner notes for EMI's new CD re-issue of the Crosby-Astaire album to be released in March. Producing this set was one of the most enjoyable experiences of my career. They were both wonderful men to work with. I think EMI have chosen the perfect time to put this out again for collectors.
Wayne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ken.

I am in the US, I can send an international check, but what would postage be to me here in NY.

Regards,

Wayne
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Chestnuts/New Tricks Reply with quote

Hi Wayne,

About £2.00 should cover the postage.

Thanks
Ken
Wayne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ken!!
Jim Patterson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Crosby-Astaire album re-issue Reply with quote

Dear Ken
Good to hear that the celebrated duet album of Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire that you produced originally is to be re-issued. Will this CD have any additional bonus tracks ?
Wayne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ken,

I wired the check today. This is my shipping info, I am sorry it may not be indicated on the check.

Wayne Nowland
Bradley & Parker
200 Oak Drive
Syosset, NY 11791 USA

Many, many thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken...

The CD arrived already...Many thanks!!

Best,

Wayne
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Bing-Buddy Cole Reply with quote

Hi Wayne,

Glad you got it. Enjpy.

Best wishes
Ken
C.M

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: BING & FRED ASTAIRE Reply with quote

I would like to offer my cngratulations to Ken Barnes, not only for running a terrific website but also for the many excellent productions ( both records and DVDs ) over the years. Last year's SWINGIN' WITH BING and BING MEETS AL JOLSON have brightened many collections I'm sure and, as for his 1970s albums with the likes of Bing, Fred Astaire, Peggy Lee,Frankie Laine and Johnny Mercer, he has done wonders for quality music. I look forward to next month's re-issue of the classic duet album by Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire. Keep up the good work, Ken
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply to C.M. Reply with quote

Dear C.M..

Thank you so much for your kind words and support.

Best
Ken Barnes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Bing Crosby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: