laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The remaining Road films

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: The remaining Road films Reply with quote

Ken

Is there any particular reason you realeased only 4 of the road films in that wonderful boxed set you did? I picked up Hong Kong whlstinthe states last year, and I beleive it is available on Region 2 now also. But Rio and Bali look suspiciously cheap and poor issues in region 2. having wasted a couple of quid on a terrible version of Bali, I don't want to waste any more!!! Have you any plans for these Ken?

Neil
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: The Road pictures Reply with quote

Dear Neil,

Sorry to take so long in replying to your message of August 1st. I try to answer every message as soon as it appears. I guess your message came while I was away and I didn't pick up on it.

In answer to your questions. The reason we did only the first four "Road" pictures in the box set is because they were the only four that Universal own.

It is wrongly believed that Bali and Rio are public domain. The only good version of Bali is on Brentwood Video in the U.S. They also do Rio - but this is terrible. The titles have been badly window-boxed ( which ruins that wonderful animated title sequence ) and the sound is "muddy" and very unpleasant to the ear even on a good hi-fi system. Hopefully, someday I'll get to do a special edition of Rio. But there are a lot of hurdles to overcome. Hong Kong ( the last and least of the series ) is available on Region 1 - but will soon to released on Region 2 ( in September ).

I'm glad you like our presentation of the box set.

Thanks for getting in touch and,once again, apologies for the late response.

Keep in touch

Ken.
Neil

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ken - informative as ever.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: The complete Road films Reply with quote

Dear Nell,
You're welcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Bing Crosby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: