laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Holiday Inn

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris Daniels

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Holiday Inn Reply with quote

I bought the Holiday Inn DVD just before Christmas and I enjoyed everything about it. Is there any chance of releasing the second Bing Crosby-Fred Astaire musical "Blue Skies" (1946)
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Blue Skies on DVD Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

Blue Skies is available on DVD in the USA ( Region 1 ) as part of a Bing Crosby double feature DVD coupled with Birth of the Blues. A pretty good coupling and the mastering - picture and sound - is first rate.

Ken
Barry Orde

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: HOLIDAY INN -DVD Reply with quote

Dear Ken Barnes
Just a quick note to say how much my family and I have enjoyed your DVD of HOLIDAY INN. Last year we bought the WHITE CHRISTMAS DVD - which has long been a favourite film. This year, we thought we'd take a look at the film that first introduced the song and we now believe that this is much the better film.

Bing Crosby is always a joy to listen to - but this film finds him at the top of his form. And, as for Fred Astaire, he's fantastic. We all loved the special features, the documentaries and your terrific audio commentary.

Congratulations and please let's have more like this.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: HOLIDAY INN & 20th CENTURY FOX Reply with quote

Thanks Barry for your kind remarks. Of the many DVDs on which I've worked, HOLIDAY INN is one of my personal favourites and I'm happy to note that it seems to be selling particularly well this year.

I'm hoping to interest Fox in letting me do a 50th Anniversary edition of DADDY LONG LEGS. The requests for this film - especially in the last three months - have been overwhelming. So there's every reason to do it.

Thanks
Ken
Barry Orde

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: HOLIDAY INN Reply with quote

Dear Ken Barnes
I just received my copy of BLUE SKIES/BIRTH OF THE BLUES DVD from the USA. It's excellent value but is not a patch on the HOLIDAY INN DVD that you did for Universal. Is there any chance that you can do the same over here for "Blue Skies" ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Bing Crosby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: