laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

composer Elmer Bernstein has died

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: composer Elmer Bernstein has died Reply with quote

The third great soundtrack composer to die within a month.
Composer for The Man with the Golden Arm, a Laureate title.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: ELMER BERNSTEIN Reply with quote

Dear Guest,

Thanks for mentioning the great Elmer Bernstein. Not only was he a great artist and a master in his field, he was a very fine human being. The same can be said for both Jerry Goldsmith and David Raksin. It was my pleasure to have associations with all three and they will be remembered in the upcoming News Section of our website.
James LM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ken

I forgot to type my name for this post. I am looking forward to hearing about the DVD industry seminar you appeared at. I hope you can include some info in the news section.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Film To DVD Seminar Reply with quote

Yes, there will be a short report on it in the News section which is being set up at the moment.
James LM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did.
Dominic McHuggh 2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: And now Fred Ebb Reply with quote

And now the lyricist Fred Ebb has died, on Saturday, at the age of 76. His credits include Cabaret and Chicago.

Dominic
James LM

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred Ebb co-wrote New Yok, New York made famous by Frank Sinatra. Another Sinatra songsmith, Russell Faith, had died at the beginning of the month.
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Songwriters are mortal. Reply with quote

It is sad to see these songwriters leaving us. But while they are mortal after all, their songs are always there to enjoy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Odds and Sods All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: