laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Support the EDGAR WALLACE DVD PETITION to avoid a Disaster !

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christoph Nestel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Support the EDGAR WALLACE DVD PETITION to avoid a Disaster ! Reply with quote

The Petition expressly demands the inclusion of the foreign language dubbings of the Krimis on DVD (which are available in German vaults) and English subtitles !!! So please read on !

I have been most engaged in the history of the German EDGAR WALLACE KRIMIS and their original versions for many, many years. I did extended researches and initiatives on restoring these gems to their original glory and have also been involved within the production of the last three German Kinowelt-DVDs.

It has become obvious now, that the upcoming new German DVD releases of the Egar Wallace Krimis will be no reason for hapiness at all and be far from Kinowelt quality. Instead of high-definition transfers of the original negatives it is planned that already existing TV-masters will be used for the DVDs. These masters are often incomplete, edited, not in correct aspect ratio and suffer from various other problems.

The only way and the last chance to avoid a complete disaster now is to make responsible people believe, that low-quality DVDs of the Krimis are not wanted and supported by large audiences both in Germany and abroad and will not sell.

For this reason, the QUALITÄTS DVDS DER EDGAR WALLACE KRIMIS PETITION (Quality DVDs of the Edgar Wallace Krimis Petition) has been created and needs the support of all German movie lovers as well as of all foreign fans and admirers of the Krimis.

www.petitiononline.com/EdgarDVD/petition.html

Please use www.babelfish.org to get a rough English traslation of the ideas, the Petition is aiming for.

Please remember that originally the American Label Blue Underground http://www.blue-underground.com was hugely interested in buying the DVD rights and releasing the Krimis in proper versions as Region 1 DVDs. If they had been successful, there would have been no need in fighting this petition today !

The petition was created yesterday at 20:00 p.m. and has gained 135 total signatures so far. But much more signatures will be needed to ensure that the petition is heard and taken serious by the responsible people.

Please spread the link to other forums and communities who are interested in high quality DVD editions of the Wallace Krimis. Please encourage your friends and relatives to sign and support the Petition ! Extensive statements by a large international community are desperately needed for our demands !

The latest news on this subject will be discussed at the German Edgar Wallace board in this thread (German only unfortunately):

http://1686.homepagemodules.de/t57541f2290130_DIE_NEUEN_WALLACEDVDS_KEIN_GRUND_ZUR_FREUDE__0.html

The Petition is supported by the German Edgar Wallace Board 1686.homepagemodules.de , Deutscher Tonfilm 1929 -1972 (German Sound Movies 1929 - 1972) www.deutscher-tonfilm.de and renowned German author Joachim Kramp, who gave us the profound and beloved books on the Krimis "Hallo - hier spricht Edgar Wallace !" and "Das Edgar Wallace Lexikon: Leben - Werk - Filme"

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT !!!

Best, Christoph
Ken Barnes
Host

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Edgar Wallace Reply with quote

Thanks, Christoph, for this.

I've just endorsed the petition. I believe I am the 144th signature.

Good luck with this worthwhile endeavour.

Ken
Scott Dolce

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cristoph, thank you for starting this worthwhile petition. I'm the 274th to sign, it's really taking off it seems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Odds and Sods All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: