laureatedvd.com Forum Index laureatedvd.com
The Way To Collect The Classics

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meet John Doe Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Other Laureate DVDs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lee Barnard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Meet John Doe Review Reply with quote

I have just read a favourable review for Meet John Doe in Jan 2002 issue of DVD Review. It gave 5/5 for Extras which was richly deserved which was highly commented on. I totally agree as I too have a copy of the DVD. Congratulations Ken and all at Laureate / Sanctuary for a fine disc. Looking forward to other films from you with the same attention to presentation as the rest of your collection in 2002.

Regards,

Lee Barnard
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: MEET JOHN DOE Reply with quote

Dear Lee,
Thank you so much for pointing out the review of MEET JOHN DOE in the Jan,2002 issue of DVD Review. Also for your most welcome e-mail containing a scan of the review in Ultimate DVD. Sooner or later, these reviews do reach us but it's nice to get them hot off the press.

On behalf of everyone at Laureate and Sanctuary, I would like to say how much we appreciate your interest and support. We are currentrly working on various interesting projects for release throughout 2002.

Best wishes
Ken Barnes
Lee Barnard

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Correction Reply with quote

The review had come from Ultimate DVD (from where the scan came from) and not from DVD Review as I had stated in my first post.

Sorry for any confusion caused.

There have been a couple of other reviews of Laureate DVD's in other DVD media if I can trace these I will send scans of these as well - unless you are already aware of them.

Kind Regards,
Ken Barnes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Correction - Reviews Reply with quote

Hello Lee,
Thanks for your correction. We try to see all of the reviews - but sometimes some of them slip through the net.

If it's no trouble to you, I would appreciate notification of any reviews you may come across.

Kind regards
Ken B.
Alan Maysfield

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Citizen Kane & Meet John Doe Reply with quote

Congratulations to everyone at Laureate for turning out two of the greatest DVDs I've ever seen. CITIZEN KANE has always been one of my favourite films and the Warners Region 1 version - which I purchased 2 years ago - was, I felt, unbeatable. But the new Universal-Laureate version offers a better rendering of the film and a greater sense of detail regarding the making of the film itself. The audio commentary by Ken Barnes is absolutely outstanding. Frank Capra's MEET JOHN DOE has been presented so many times on DVD, I didn't think it was worth buying again - but the Laureate Special Edition makes me glad I added it to my collection. The Special Features are nothing short of amazing and, again, the audio commentary by Mr. Barnes - laced with fascinating audio comments from the great Frank Capra himself - is wonderfully informative. Here again, we have the finest film-to-video transfer of this much-loved classic.

Rest assured, I'll be buying more DVDs with the Laureate name on them.
Every bit as good as Criterion and less expensive. Bravo Laureate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    laureatedvd.com Forum Index -> Other Laureate DVDs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: